George Doumar has 30 years of experience litigating and trying commercial cases in Virginia and District of Columbia courts, including in areas of contract disputes, employment matters, breach of duty and non-competes, as well as other areas. George Doumar’s practice is based in northern Virginia, but he takes substantial commercial matters in other parts of the state as well, with clients from Tidewater to the I-81 corridor. George also provides advice and contract drafting for corporate transactions, employment agreements and other corporate documents.
Founder and Principal of Doumar Law Group; graduated in 1986 from the University of Virginia Law School. Member of the Virginia Law Review Editorial Board and Articles Editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law. Graduated as a member of Order of the Coif, the law school honor society.
George graduated with a B.S.F.S. degree in International Economics from Georgetown University, where he was Phi Beta Kappa and graduated magna cum laude.
George is licensed to practice law in Virginia, the District of Columbia, and in various federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court. George is a Permanent Member of the Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference.
George has run 8 marathons and approximately 90 half-marathons since 2006, most recently the Berlin Marathon in September 2021.
- Drafted corporate papers and minutes, executive contracts, and partnership agreements
- Drafted and litigated employment contracts, executive compensation, stock option and severance issues, confidentiality, non-compete clauses, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements
- Negotiated stock and asset purchase transactions, software licensing agreements, distribution and sales contracts
- Represented clients in disputes over lender liability, patent rights, misappropriation of trade secrets, and business fraud
- Negotiated and enforced letters of credit
- Litigated discrimination actions for both employers and employees
- Enforced foreign judgments in U.S. courts
- Jury trials in various corporate disputes
- Estate litigation
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Commercial lease review and negotiation
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Personal injury litigation involving foreign governments and Embassies
- Transactions including global securities offerings, eurobonds, and hostile takeovers
- Commercial loan transactions
- Securities regulatory work
- Mass tort litigation
- Defended various enforcement actions initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Outside general counsel for various companies
- Directed discovery of over 100,000 documents in various investigations, including of a failed financial institution and a medical practice group
- 1986, Virginia
- 1988, District of Columbia
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S
- Magna Cum Laude
- University of Virginia Law School – J.D., 1986